Ventnor Exchange's Big 8th Birthday Party
Ventnor Exchange is 8 years old! How cool is that? Join us as we celebrate our 8th Birthday with
Ventnor Exchange is 8 years old! How cool is that?
Join us as we celebrate our 8th Birthday with a whole day of fun and activities! We’ll have free cake and tea on offer all day, as well as lots of interesting craft activities for both adults and children. Many of the creative clubs and groups who use Ventnor Exchange regularly will also be performing including our Community Choir, Spoken Word Collective and the Ukulele Group.
In the evening local treasures the Ventnor Darlings will be performing their cabaret songs for those who would like a good sing along!
It’s feels like a particularly special milestone as we are also celebrating our recent success in joining Arts Council England’s 2023-2026 National Portfolio. We think it’s the first time there has ever been a funded arts organisation in Ventnor and will mean we can create significantly more cultural experiences and opportunities on the Isle of Wight.
The whole day is free but donations are welcome. Ventnor Exchange is a not for profit social enterprise which means any money we make through our events and bar we put back into creating:
- FREE Creative opportunities for 14- 25 yr olds through our platform Brave Island to inspire the island’s next generation.
- High quality events and artistic experiences for all ages throughout the year across the island
- Producing Ventnor Fringe Festival and the IOW Children’s Festival.
- Creating and maintaining a welcoming space for social creative groups to meet for free or subsidised rates
- Supporting IOW artists by providing opportunities to work for a sustainable income.
If you love Ventnor Exchange come say hello as we celebrate being an independent arts centre for 8 whole years, let’s reminisce about the good times and get excited about what’s to come in the future…
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been part of our story so far.
ALL DAY : Art Table for all to get involved !
12pm – Ventnor Exchange Community Choir
12.30pm – Ventnor Ukulele Lubbers
1pm – Ventnor Exchange Spoken Word Collective
2pm – Cara Goodrem
8pm – 8.45pm – The Ventnor Darlings
(Saturday) 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
11 Church Street